Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fruit update!

Today I bought an apple tree James Grieve from Baguley's on the Moss. We have had one in a container in the garden for years and it has never done anything so I hope to do this one justice.

I also bought a Blackcurrant 'Ben Sarek' and Redcurrant 'Laxton's No 1' to replace those dug up previously.

Have dug this area in readiness - need a gooseberry - probably 'Winham's' Industry & maybe a green one as well. I am also considering a litle fruit tree of some sort in the middle.

This is the area before it was dug but I got the order wrong hen I posted them. It was clayey and wet and full of Convolvulus and some Couch Grass where the edges of the beds were. The stailess steel spade is woderful as are thye trousers with pads in the knees....bliss!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Matron said...

Couch grass is the spawn of the devil! I battle with it all the time, constantly pulling and destroying every last root and yet more appears! grrrrr!

Monday, 14 April, 2008  
Blogger Mike said...

I coldn't agree more! However bindweed & horsetail are no better - the unholy triumverate of the weedy world!!!

Monday, 14 April, 2008  
Blogger Kath said...

However, Ben Sarek is the most amazing blackcurrant. Huge fruits, really tasty. You can root cuttings quite easily too (and cover the world in currants! - well, maybe not)

Wednesday, 30 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter