Saturday, May 26, 2007

'Usual' View

Today I focussed on preparing for the runner & climbing french beans as they are about two feet high now in their pots! I decided on this before I went down and it really helped cut out the distractions such as weeds, weeds & more weeds etc. I think this year I won't use the carpet to plant the beans through but will mulch with mushroom compost to try and improve the structure of the soil a bit. I will probably recret this if I end up knee deep in horsetail again but if the worst comes to the worst I will cover the mushroom compost with plastic as best I can. When the beans are done I need to prepare the sweetcorn bed even theough they have not been sown yet so I can plant them out as soon as they are ready.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The allotment looks great. My vege plot pales, but I do get a lot of pleasure from it. John and Jenny

Monday, 04 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter