Saturday, May 05, 2007

Asparagus Bed Update

I have at last started to enclose the asparagus bed. It is very fiddly but at least I now have a level to work to all the way round.
So far I have made five pickings of 41, 51, 41, 83 & 36 spears! I never used to count them but Paul next door told me he picked over a thousand spears last year and I have succumbed. There are of course a range of thicknesses, mainly medium with some very large and some 'sprue'. They are all delicious.
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Greenmantle said...

Mike, along with "Mytinyplot" your blog was name-checked in the Sunday Telegraph today by Alex Mithcell, in her column "The Kitchen Garden Graduate".

Page 11 of the "Home & LivingĀ£ section in case you haven't seen it.

Best

Greenmantle

Sunday, 06 May, 2007  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks Greenmantle - I haven't seen it. Hope it wasn't a hatchet job!:)

Sunday, 06 May, 2007  
Blogger Mike said...

Oh - it was a hatchet job!!!

Sunday, 06 May, 2007  
Blogger Greenmantle said...

My first thoughts were that you'd be pleased to be noticed - we spend so much time blogging into the ether without actually knowing who our audience might be - but then I realised the inference of it wasn't especially complementary.

Ah well, perhaps I should have let it pass unremarked upon.

Monday, 07 May, 2007  
Blogger Mike said...

Don't be daft of course I'm pleased to be noticed!!! I appreciate you bringing it to my notice and it will give all my mates a jolly good laugh as they have been saying something similar for years!
I'm working towards a clean sweep of the Sundays as the Independent mentioned my blog a few weeks ago. Andy Warhol must have been right about that 15 minutes!
It is nice to know someone actually reads the stuff - even if they don't really know why!
All the best, Mike:)

Monday, 07 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter