Thursday, May 31, 2007

Potatoes & Courgettes

The potatoes haver come into flower very quickly this year! I am leaving them for a bit as we have had a couple of days rain and I hope it will help the tubers swell.
I have left the courgettes under the bell cloches for now as it has been quite windy and not very warm recently. I am thinking of taking them off very soon.
The squashes in the greenhouse are looking a little yellow and sorry for themselves so that is one more thing to worry about for the time being...
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger HeadBurro Antfarm said...

Man! My spuds still haven't flowered! I was hoping to be eating them by the start of July :)

Monday, 04 June, 2007  
Blogger Mike said...

Still time - last time I looked the spuds were tiny despite the flowers:(

Monday, 04 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those potatos look great, my earlies at the allotment are flowering already too.

I also did some in buckets in the garden this year, I emptied one bucket yesterday and got loads of lovely spuds :-)

Love your blog Mike, been visiting for a while now and I look forward to each update. I especially enjoy your frequent photos!

Monday, 04 June, 2007  
Blogger Mike said...

Cheers Andy - from your picture your spuds look great. I might do a bucket or two of earlies next year if I remember - it's very satisfying. Did you do yours outside from scratch or start them off indoors?
All the best, Mike

Monday, 04 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mike, I chitted them for a couple of weeks, though I read that thats not strictly needed, then I started the buckets off in my plastic greenhouse for a couple of weeks. It was early March and we were still having some frosts here in Yorkshire. I put them outdoors about the same time I planted the rest in the allotment in mid April.

Its my first year with an Allotment and I'm loving it!

Tuesday, 05 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter