Saturday, May 23, 2009

Update...

I spent a few hours down the lottie this evening after the presentation of awards for the photographic competition I judged in Preston and a long nap at Roy's in the afternoon brought on by the excellent buffet lunch!
I dug these purple sprouting gone to seed and put them aside in readiness for disposal...

...I dug this area over in preparation for carpet and squash plants....(I am going to try pre-germinating the seeds and sowing them direct due to the time of the month and so on)...

...I finally got the Desiree spuds in the ground....

...and I cut the Jerusalem Artichokes into a rather fetching angled arrangement at this end to allow easier access to the shed this year. I have realised in a belated flash of inspiration that I can suppport the plants much more securely by winding the rope accross the bed from post to post rather than just going round the outside! Why did it take nearly 15 years to work that out when we do it with garden perrenials on a regular basis...
I also did loads of weeding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter