Thursday, May 07, 2009

A Cold Frame!!!

I made a cold frame today from a double glazed panel from my Mum's kitchen which had to be replaced...

...thus enabling me to clear some space in the greenhouse for the next round of seed-sowing.

the artichokes are at last beginning to take off. I am resolved to keep them in check a little more this year...probably...

Yesterday I trained the loganberry round a post  (dug the hole with a bulb planter). Then I realised I wasn't wearing any glasses! They had obviously been ripped off in th eheat of the moment and I had trodden on them and broken them. Luckily I keep my old ones (with the scratch accross th elens) in the car just in case.I started digging the dandelions out of the lawn too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the glass was useful. At least you will have to do something about your glasses now. You will have to claim for them on your insurance. What a pain not to have them and it will take time. At least the were not new!

Friday, 08 May, 2009  
Blogger Peggy said...

I hope the council who sent you that nasty letter come back and see the difference in the plot now!

Saturday, 09 May, 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks for your encouragement :-)

Sunday, 10 May, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter