Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wet Wet Wet!!!

This is the 'usual' view from a couple of days ago when I did very little as it was so muddy. Had a bit of a sort out in the shed I seem to recall.

It was very muddy.

I did however manage to break one of the panes in the double glazed unit on the new cold frame. Very unluckily it caught on a nailhead I hadn't knocked in entirely strait and cracked right accross. Will probably have to chuck it when I've finished with it this season:-( I was only tipping it up to let some of the water off....sigh....

Despite the convolvulus and horsetail the Autumn Bliss look rather lovely this year. I will be removing the rogue self-seeders in due course to try and keep things in check.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Use a multipurpose sealant (the squidgy stuff in tube guns) usually used for bathrooms, but try and get an exterior grade which is resistant to UV. It'll save you throwing it. Has worked for me.

Monday, 11 May, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad luck. Chris is having a new pane in her kitchen tomorrow. It might be too big but it would be worth investigating. It will have to be today. Pam

Monday, 11 May, 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks Tim - I'll give it a go. Do I just smear it along the cracks?

Monday, 11 May, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter