Monday, May 11, 2009

Progress!!!

Igot a fair few jobs done this afternoon after a fish'n'chip lunch with Mum and a bit of a nap!
I finished off the most recent of the new beds....

....I finished boxing in the asparagus bed - three years or so after I started....

....good eh?...a proper cobbled-together allotment job using bits of wood I had lying around and stuff....

....and I levelled this area by the groundcover in readiness for a big bit of wood to tame this soil. I might make beds here or just border it cover it in carpet and grow squashes through the carpet. Either way it will probobly be squashes I grow here as I am aiming for a bumper crop of winter squash this year...
I also dug out any horsetail I could see anywhere on the plot and made a start preparing another old bed space for renovation....crikey - sometimes things just seem to get done  - better make the most of it!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it. Well done.They were telling you how to grow squashes on Woman's Hour this morning. Pam

Tuesday, 12 May, 2009  
Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

Nice to see you again! And a lot of work you have been doing there too. We're still in a cold & damp phase in our area but hope to get things going full speed soon. Paula

Thursday, 14 May, 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

Hi - thanks for popping in.Today it is very wet and cold here but we had a good run of fine weather earlier in the season to get us going!
Thanks for popping in, Mike

Friday, 15 May, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter