Monday, September 25, 2006


Hi everyone! I haven't posted for ages as you may have noticed. We had a bad experience on holiday in France concerning my daughter's nut allergy which knocked me sideways for a while and directed my energies away from the blog and to some extent the allotment as well. However, we are a bit more sorted out now and I am looking forward to doing some lottie stuff.
I have been going down every few days since we got back and doing some picking though - mainly tomatoes, runner beans, courgettes, raspberries and now sweetcorn.

Sue has done some brilliant work while she has been off sick over the Summer: mainly pasta sauces, jams, compotes, syrups and cordials, fruit gin etc etc. All of these deserved a full post as they were being made but I will take some pictures soon to give you an idea.

The food markets in France were superb - again I will post some photos soon as KT suggested some time ago. All the best, Mike.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought you had decided to move out there !!!

Welcome back.

I have access to French markets and supermarkets any day of the week. Well, only Wednesdays and Saturdays for the markets.

Karen, Switzerland. Eat your heart out !!!

Wednesday, 27 September, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see a new post.. I have been checking your blog as the pics and write ups are excellent. I have just started my own blog - partly inspired by you, i.e., trying to upload really good photos. (i wont plug my blog - that would otherwise appear to be the only reason for this comment !)
Keep up the good work - we HAVE missed you.. no coments doesnt mean we havent kept checking.. waiting.. Andy

Thursday, 28 September, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter's bad reaction-hope she's now fully recovered?
I was up north in August if I recall correctly we visited your part of the Fylde when Mum,my 13 year old daughter and I went on a bus ride from Gt Eccleston to St Annes-anyway if you spotted an embarrassed older Mum and her child in a pedalo on the water by the pier it wwas us-I'm sure I was doing more than 50% of the pedalling!!!

Monday, 02 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been logging on day in and day out to your blog and got really worried.

I left it for a few days - and here you are back again.

So sorry to hear of your daughters scare and I do so hope that she is now recovered.

Sending my best wishes to you all - and just letting you know that your absence was noticed.
Glad you are back.

Tuesday, 03 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter