Wednesday, July 19, 2006


Sorry for the wait - I filled up my hard disc and couldn't transfer any pictures before doing some sorting out.
We have been watering in the late evening because it has been so hot - the car was telling me the external temperature was 37 degrees this afternoon! Things don't seem to be suffering too much though. We have over 100 pots to water in the garden as well so are hard at it at the moment. The currant bushes in the foreground suffered a fair bit in the wind recently. I am going to cut the blackcurrant right back this year and use it as a bi-annual along with the one I got from Ivan's new plot that belonged to Tony. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Been missing your lovely blog, allotment and wonderful photos. Glad that you are back. See you have been adding more things.

I prune my currants by a third each year and are getting a good crop now.

Wish I had thought of photographing my currant and gooseberry jellies with back light - it reall shows them up doesn't it. Should have taken a photography course in my younger days.

Do tell what has happened to Phils garden.

I keep clicking on to the link, and that sad rotting apple of autumn is so depressing. Has he moved or no longer has a garden. It was all going so splendidly too. I would love to see if it developed. Even just one 'after' photo would do. I followed it religiously.

Friday, 21 July, 2006  
Blogger Wossername said...

Mike, great blog. I am a novice at growing my own, but am getting more and more into it. I am doing the rounds of the gardening and allotment blogs to pick up as many ideas as I can. I am also linking from my site to the best ones that I find. Keep up the great work.

Monday, 24 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter