Tuesday, November 01, 2005


I popped down to the allotment this morning to get wellies etc for working in the pond at home and it is definately a little more Autumnal down ther enow so I took a few pictures while |i was at it. Starting with the usual view from over the fence. Next season I have resolved to gain access to the shed roof for a different perspective. (If the Artichokes don't get in the way of the view!) I'm getting rid of the old plastic on the bed in the foreground as it is the woven variety and leaves fibres on the vegetables. They are surprisingly persistant on the rough skin of a courgette which has been left a little too long before picking. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to be back and to see what you have been doing at the allotment. a bit too wet to come and see for myself, but it may be better at the weekend. see you soon, mum x

Thursday, 03 November, 2005  
Blogger KT121 said...

Nice to see more entries,Mike.

We're still picking our courgettes although it's on the way out now.Amazing warm autumn we've had.They say that the coldest winter in 10yrs is on its way but I really hope they get this wrong....

I have to say that I love that "usual view" of your allotment!!

Thursday, 03 November, 2005  
Blogger Mike said...

Hi Mum will see you soon - it's too wet to do anything at the moment really. The pond in the garden is slowly filling up under its own steam. I'll have to empty it again (probably) before I finish off the stepping stones.

KT: Thanks for your comment - your courgettes are doing really well mine were over weeks ago. They tend to get mildew when we have wet weather. The leaves of the squashes I planted direct in july are still fine though, so maybe I could sow some late ones next year and they would be ok for later on.

You might like to know that I had a post from The Allotment Lady (see links)to say that her Japanese daughter-in-law had found your blog from the link on my page and was delighted to find it in Japanese! It is a small world isn't it?

All the best, Mike

Thursday, 03 November, 2005  
Blogger Mike said...

Having looked back over recent comments I see you know that already KT!

Thursday, 03 November, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mike - they've arrived. I am a very lucky lady and fit to burst with joy.

See early photo

Tuesday, 08 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter