Saturday, November 19, 2005


Here is the recipe for the bread as passed on to me by Joanne (Becky's Mum). Will type it out properly later with a picture of the second loaf from yesterday, (The first has disappeared already). Phil had some yesterday and some with Pumpkin & Ginger soup after fishing at Fairlawn. Phil caught three flounders but was after Bass as he has heard of a 4lb and a 5lb-er landed there recently. I didn't go as Sue and I walked to lytham and back with the dog. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful photos. I couldn't read the recipe for the bread sadly - and the soup sounds nice - another recipe?

Your leeks and chard look fine in the photos - what happened to them. I thought leeks were all right throughout the winter.

We are due heavy snow, so I might get up the lottie and cut some chard and sorrell and look at my leeks.

Great site.

Monday, 21 November, 2005  
Blogger Mike said...

Hi - I will be typing out the bread recipe very soon , sorry to keep you waiting! The chard and leeks seem to be a bit floppy after the frost but I think they will recover.

The soup is really easy - peel 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, a lump of ginger, a couple of potatoes and half a pumpkin or so, chop them roughly and fry them gently in a mixture of olive oil and butter (about 50 - 50) for a few minutes. Cover with water and a little milk and pehaps a splash of wine if there's any open or apple or orange juice and add a veggie stock cube (or chicken). I use a lot of freshly grated black pepper but virtually no salt due to the stock cube.

Bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat until the vegetables are tender and then liquidise. (I use one of those you can just stick in the pan.
This is great with cubes of cheese sprinkled into it at the last minute.

All the best, Mike

Monday, 21 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter