Saturday, August 08, 2009

Pics from Yesterday...

Yesterday I sowed pak choi ( green & purple), spring onions and mizuna. The sticks are to keep cats off as they seem to like freshly sown seed soil. Cobbled together a bit - I was going to use string but didn''t have any.

I am using the old slats from a louvred door to label the rows. I plan to paint the ends white for re-using year on year.

Kevin & Irene's flags still flutter prettily in the breeze...

I like the contrasts of colour and texture in this area - pretentious, moi!?

4 Comments:

Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

Looks beautiful and so lush! It has been so hot & dry here, I haven't even thought about planting for fall yet. Still, it has been a nice change from last year's non-summer. I'll have to keep some sticks around for your anti-digging plan. I have an old screen door I kept over the carrot & beet bed until they grew large enough.

Saturday, 08 August, 2009  
Blogger Matron said...

I suffer badly from the neighbourhood cats thinking my garden is a toilet!

Sunday, 09 August, 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

Cats always seem to think they own the place!

Monday, 10 August, 2009  
Blogger Bob said...

One of the things I find good for keeping things off your seedlings are Berberis trimmings.If you can get some longer pieces and just lay them on top after sowing they seem to keep anything off then when the seeds come up just get a fork and lift them off the seedlings. You can used the same pieces of Berberis for ages. Bob.

Thursday, 13 August, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter