Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Greenhouse Update....

Today I sowed: 
Courgettes Romanescu
Chard Bright Lights
Squash Crown Prince
Broad Bean The Sutton
Cosmos Candy Stripe
Sunflower Erm...
Kale Curly Green & Purple
Kale Black Tuscan

I had a chat with Jack beforehand and he advised sowing into bigger pots to avoid a check when potting on for beans, sweetcorn etc so no more little round pots for the beans. I already do this for squashes etc using individual plantable pots inside the plastic ones to avoid root disturbance.

I used the pots I used to use for beans for cosmos and Chard so these are bigger than the modules I usually use.

Jack also said he doesn't grow his own tomato plants but gets grafted ones from the adventure playground place on the way to Fleetwood as they are much more resistant to disease. I have had a lot of problems with tomatoes in that respect so I think I will give the grafted ones a go....

Somebody wasn't very happy with how long it took to do all that sowing....

At last the little James Grieve apple tree is bursting forth into blossom!

"Can we go home now please...?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Thats a good tip about the bigger pots thanks for sharing. The James Grieve looks good hopefully the fruit will follow the flowers in profusion.I take it Cora is not green fingered!

Tuesday, 21 April, 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

Cora is happiest when her paws are muddy but not from gardening!

Wednesday, 22 April, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - you have done a lot today! Pam

Wednesday, 22 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter