Thursday, December 08, 2005


This is Hugh F-W's favourite one-pot recipe from The River Cottage Cookbook. I made it a couple of weeks back and it went down very well. I had a bit of a panic as the vegetables didn't seem to be cooking properly so whacked the heat up from gas 5 to gas 8 for twenty minutes or so to get things going. It was fine in the end but I used more stock than Hugh suggests and made sure I pushed different veg down into it on a regular basis. The chicken was from Lanigans (see below). (Sorry to mention this but Hugh suggests this recipe with lower heat and longer cooking time for chickens no longer required for laying.....) Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yummy scrummy and more photos too. I just adore one pot cooking for the winter - and Le Crueset too-good aren't they and so easy to clean. The chickens Hugh uses are old broilers hence the long period of time to cook them.

The lids of the Le Creuset do let out steam even though they are heavy, I usually put foil on the lid to seal it tight.

I like rabbit done the same way!

Thursday, 08 December, 2005  
Blogger KT121 said...

Mmmmm...this looks very tasty.Save washing up at the same time?Sounds
great!I love the recipes in The River Cottage book.

Friday, 09 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks really delicious which reminds me have you ever tasted the very tasty hot chicken from the well known cooked meat shop in Poulton le Fylde?
Alas down in our area of Devon we don't seem to have the class or range of good food shops there are in the Fylde area.

Sunday, 11 December, 2005  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks for your comment - I haven't tried the shop you mention or even heard of it but will look into it asap!!!

Sunday, 11 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops forgot to mention shop is to the right of Booths supermarket!!!

Monday, 12 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter