Friday, September 18, 2009

Recent pics i

One of the real pleasures of the allotment at the moment is the harvesting of the salad crops I sowed in the late summer - something I have never done before. I have several types of leaf anfd flower to choose from including Mizuna, Green and Purple Pac Choi, Nasturtian leaves and flowers, the corn salad (aka Lamb's lettuce) which self -seeds every year around where the cherry tree now grows, and baby chard leaves. i have been forgetting the borage flowers but will remember next time with a bit of luck...

Here is partof the salad bed...

...and another picking. I have started filling a tupperware or two when I get the chance - so much better than the bags on offer in supermarkets!

Here is some more produce - I have picked 19 sweetcorn and counting this year and they are beautifully sweet and tender The grains almost literally burst in the mouth with a freshness and sparkle unheard of in shop-bought produce which is picked too late and stored too long.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness - everything looks magnificent! It must be your best year ever. Well done. Pam

Saturday, 19 September, 2009  
Blogger Mike said...

thank you:-)

Sunday, 20 September, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter