Thursday, August 11, 2005


I've started work on the beds to the front right that have fallen to pieces. The idea is to transplant the leeks from the seedbed frame. I'm not sure if these will be ready in time though - they might have to go in elsewhere. Jack gave me some winter cauliflower plants today (sorry no image) which he says will be ready in around March/April. "Everyone else has had some so you may as well." He suggested a piece of rhubarb in the planting hole to ward off clubroot, somethinf I used to do when I first got the allotment but not recently. As it turned out I forgot to do it but I am treating them as just heeled in for the time being as I really want them under groundcover. The advantage with the overwintered cauli seems to be the complete lack of caterpillars whilst the curds are developing. Sounds intriguing! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

GreT site - have just discovered you and really enjoying reading your pages. Is your allotment in your garden or is it on a site?

Have you posted anything since August?

I am a beginner, so I am thrilled to find a site that I can learn from.

Thursday, 13 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter